Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hey Bob Lovell NO ONE CARES.

"Hi, I'm Bob Lovell and I'm an asshole."

Bob Lovell is the spokesperson for Home Marketing Service, a "one stop-shop for all of your real estate and mortgage needs." I thought I knew bad advertising until I saw his "Bless your Heart" ads. I can't even bring myself to call it a campaign. I get nauseous every time I even sense one of his "commercials" starting. Bob Lovell sells his service by claiming that "buying a home is intimidating...especially when everyone else seems to be speaking a financial foreign language. At HMS we handle everything...no financialese spoken, just plain english." I guess I just don't really understand how he is consciously marketing to a group that does not understand financial terms and yet thinks that being condescending and calling them stupid is the way to go. Bob Lovell's ads are horrible because they neither work or reward, they insult. 
Not only does Bob Lovell make horrible ads but he acts like he is absolutely brilliant, parading them on his website. He even goes as far in one of his "ads" to confront someone who insulted his wife from what he said about her in his "Bless Your Heart Commercial." Not only does he spend merely half a second mentioning the service but he also manages to insult northerners by titling the commercial "Damn Yankee."  Not good enough? Alright then, in a few other HMS ads he even flicks the camera off and spends half of his dialogue with bleeped out cussing. Oh he and runs these ads on the cartoon network. Well done Bob. Well done. Maybe Bob is just confused about the definition of narrow marketing. Because it certainly does not mean offending as many people as possible so only a few respond to your ad positively. 

Bless You Heart 


Want to be insulted? Visit the Home Marketing Services website:
http://www.homemarketingservices.com/

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree 100%. I cant stand this guy he makes no since to me at all. I bought my home from a real mortgage company. I would never even think of using him, I mean the whole of his adds are just insults. Not to mention my kids asking me "Mommy what does this word mean Beep?" I am sick of this! Air on late night TV if you must make a fool of yourself! Or can you not afford it?

BobLovellHater69 said...

Fuck you Bob Lovell
I see your commercials all the time and all it make me want to do is punch you in the eye.
as God as my witness before i die i will break your face
nothing could of made me more furious than when you did the whole commercial in sign language because you had laryngitis
GO KILL YOURSELF

BobLovellHater69 said...

Fuck you Bob Lovell
I see your commercials all the time and all it make me want to do is punch you in the eye.
as God as my witness before i die i will break your face
nothing could of made me more furious than when you did the whole commercial in sign language because you had laryngitis
GO KILL YOURSELF

Anonymous said...

I've always thought he was very smug, condesending and somewhat insulting in his ads.

If he's that way on TV, I wonder how he is, in person?

Not very professional and not a person/company I would reccomend

Unknown said...

I met Bob in person, spent about 40 minutes with him as he viewed my property with he home designer.

You know what? He was nice. Friendly. Kind of surprising because those commercials certainly don't portray him that way. After talking about the housing market and how the economy was hitting certain areas of DFW in particular, I was saddened to learn his dog Duke (who he used in those dumb commercials) was killed by a pit bull at a dog park.

The guy wasn't a jerk. Pretty mellow, actually. I could go have a couple beers with him. Not at all like the guy you see on TV.