Friday, October 3, 2008

Holiday Inn Express

     I did not for one second expect this commercial to be for Holiday Inn Express and therefore I loved it. I think the casting was just brilliant and I found it much more entertaining than any other commercial of theirs I have seen before. 

     This spot seems to reach a wider audience, where as the others in this same campaign were targeted more towards the working class only. With this commercial our generation may be more likely to think of Holiday Inn when deciding on where to stay, than previously. 

I also hint a bit of intertextuality. The first thing I think of when I see a white guy rapping is Eminem. This commercial seems to be a pretty direct take off of 8 Mile, Eminem's epic story of underground rap battles that shot him to the top. Except I'm pretty sure Eminem didn't acquire his talent from sleeping at a Holiday Inn. 

Memorable. Funny. Lyrical.

Touche Holiday Inn...Touche.


No comments: