Sunday, October 5, 2008

Tracy Chapman

Mother of us all
Place of our birth
We all are witness
To the rape of the world

If you look you'll see it with your own eyes
If you listed you will hear her cries
If you care you will stand and testify
And stop the rape of the world

These are the words of one of the most insightful women to have ever lived. Tracy Chapman is a brilliant lyricist and a human rights activist. She has been my mom's favorite artist since I can remeber. Therefore I grew up listening to her music. I can literally listen to her songs over and over and over again. I find such truth in everything she says. I think if more of our minds worked like hers does, the world would be a lot better off. There is not much more I can say about her, you just have to find out for yourself. Listen...



Crossroads



Talkin 'Bout a Revolution



Change



New Beginning 




No comments: