Monday, October 6, 2008

The Zogster


I am finding it impossible to trust anyone in politics. But I trust John Zogby. When I walked in I expected to hear how terrible Americans are, how down our economy is and how we are doomed for life and how it is our generation's responsibility to fix all of the problems. Little did I know that John Zogby was in touch with the truth about current events and how the American public feels. 
I was extremely interested to hear what Zogby had to say about September 11. Even though 9/11 brought an unusual unity to the people of America, I always assumed that the war has been what has divided us in the past few years. However once Zogby brought up Katrina, I had a whole new perspective. I never considered Katrina to be the catalyst to our current situation, but once I deliberated the issues we had with rescue and distribution of food to refugees it all made sense. 
I was also intrigued when Zogby mentioned that we are so worried about the environment. We are convinced that we do nothing to help the earth, yet his polls showed that we recycle now more than ever. Zogby told us that in the  '70's people used to literally toss bags of trash out the window of their cars. Now people rarely litter. 
I am so thankful that I got the opportunity to hear John Zogby speak. I love that he considers us the "First Globals." He was in no way condescending and let us know that he has all of his faith in us. I was delighted to hear how positive he was talking about the future. It is hard enough to campaign and fight for what you believe in without someone telling you how hard it is going to be or that you can't do it. It was extremely refreshing to hear that we can do it and we have support from previous generations. I bought 3 books, one for me, my brother and my dad. This may be the most interesting read I've had in a while. I can't wait to find out "The Way We'll Be."
 

No comments: