Wednesday, November 26, 2008

    Remember the brilliant VW Golf GTI commercial? Of course you do. How could you forget the brilliant post production work and remix of such a classic scene? The dancer in this ad is a guy named Dave Elsewhere (+ Gene Kelly's face). This is certainly not Dave's first appearance dancing in a commercial. Dave is also the dancer in all of the Apple iPod ads. He has also danced his way into ads for brands such as Heineken, 7-Eleven Slurpee, Pepsi and Doritos. Now Dave has some amazing moves but I think we've found someone who is catching up to him, George Sampson. George is the 15 year old winner of Britain's Got Talent. He preformed the remix Singing In The Rain dance in the Grand Finale of the show.  

VW Golf GTI commercial 




George Sampson



I also found a mix that juxtaposes Dave and George's moves together....


The other video I wanted to add has disabled the embedded feature but you can (and should) check it out on YouTube. The video is titled Mint Royale Ft. Gene Kelly- Singing in the rain and has some pretty interesting graphics too. 

There are tons of remakes of this VW Golf GTI ad. Works and Rewards? I think so. The first time I saw this ad I found myself running to my Mac to watch again, and again, and again, and again. 

Now that is a good ad. 

No comments: