Sunday, September 28, 2008

Genius


     I have 3,384 songs on my iTunes and therefore have no on earthly idea what a third of those songs are. Sometimes I get into certain music moods and I want to listen to anything that sounds like I feel. But considering the fact that I am poorly educated on the contents of my library, I end up with about 15 minutes worth of songs.
     I didn't think it was possible but iTunes has created the cure to my plague. This gift from above is called the Genius Sidebar. All you do is click on one song you feel like listening to then click the Genius icon at the bottom right corner and it creates a playlist of up to 100 songs that are the same mood or ambiance if you will (and I do will). Then you enjoy!! You can even save the playlist or hit refresh if you aren't feelin the mix it created for you. Over time after it gathers information from your library and the playlists it makes improve every time!
     Even if you are very detailed about what music you download or what genres you like, Genius puts some songs together that you would never think of. It put Pink Floyd, Panic! At the Disco and Jay-Z together. 

I love Geniuses. 

No comments: