Tuesday, September 9, 2008

FIVE




Whether we are willing to admit it or not, every woman goes through some sort of struggle, some form of pain, insecurity, self-hatred. And at some point we all feel alone, when the truth of the matter is, we are united 
through our grief. Project Five is one step in the right direction towards helping women realize we can unite and support each other through the moments that define us. 

Five is an independent film under the umbrella of Candlewik productions that represents Five characteristics of one women in Five different stages of growth. All Five women in the film represent one form of the process of the struggle towards self discovery.

From the first time I heard the proposal for Five I knew it was going to be life changing. It seems as though it chose me with a magnetic force. I am part of Five because I have been there. I have experienced a decent amount of insecurity and self-hatred. I feel that it is my responsibility to help. My character is actually an exaggeration of myself. She goes through every emotion I have but magnified so that it can reach everyone on a larger scale. All of the women cast in Five could not possibly be any different from each other. But no matter how dissimilar we are we all still connect on the same level. We connect and energy is passed through us when we come together. We feel each other's pain because we have all gone through similar emotions before. It is as if we are all parts of one body as a whole but each unique in every other way. It is incredibly comforting to know that you are not alone. To know we all suffer the same roller-coaster of emotions and confusing events in our lives. 

The topics we discuss in Five are so incredibly universal I cannot imagine a woman not being able to relate to them. This is a film about real everyday issues that people suffer from for years, and that some never come to terms with. Five is here to exclaim that message to all women. The message that we have the choice to take what is thrown at us and use it for the good. I want to be part of this message. I want to help women be themselves, rejoice in the fact that they are different and to decide how their lives will turn out. I am honored to be a part of this movement and will not give up until lives are changed.


Follow the Mission at www.thefivemission.com 


No comments: